February 27, 2012

the art historian's mixtape

I've always enjoyed making the types of mixes where all the songs have a slightly obscure relationship with each other. When one of my best friends in college got her American citizenship, I made a CD of songs that mentioned places in America, or were sung by bands named after American cities. I've planned out mixes that were ordered numerically by a number in the song title, and attempted to make a CD where every song corresponded to a letter in the alphabet. Never have I thought to make a mix of songs that referenced art and artists. Until now. Each week I will bring you one track of what will make up the art historian's mixtape. In honor of the Cindy Sherman retrospective that just opened this month at the MOMA, here is "Cindy Sherman" by the Swedish goup, The Shermans.

No comments:

Post a Comment