February 22, 2013

A NEST FOR BIRDS, THERE AIN'T NO WORDS


So I've got a lot of hair. My mom's been after me to get it properly cut... or just cut for years. I've never been one of those people who is emotionally attached to hair. In fact, I got bored in college, cut it all off, and had a pixie for two years. I wore lots of dangly earrings, and my bed head was always interesting. I stopped cutting my hair for a while because I was trying to save money. Then there were other ways I'd rather spend my Saturdays. Then I discovered it could do tricks. I found these illustrations by Samantha Hahn several weeks ago online. They illustrate beautifully the reasons I haven't chopped it quite yet. And yes, I know I can trim my hair and still do this, but I'd rather eat brunch with friends than go to the salon.






No comments:

Post a Comment