June 5, 2013

6 x 6

Somewhere in the blur of April, sandwiched between a long-time-in-the-making movie screening and a cabin party weekend, I stayed up late and made two small paintings on paper in my bed. Probably while watching cooking shows on TV. Definitely while watching cooking shows on TV.

I barely snapped one photograph of them before I shoved them in an envelope and made the mail-by date for the Rochester Contemporary Art Center 6 x 6 show, a fundraiser for the center.

So quick. Couldn't even bother to focus. Or not include random mail on my coffee table.

Works must be 6 inches square. They can be done in any media. They are displayed democratically, and anonymously, and are only $20 each. What a way to get some affordable art! I had kinda forgotten about them until a notice about the show opening popped up on Facebook. I did some investigating on the site today, and discovered that both of my little works have sold. So, whoever you mystery person(s) are, I hope you enjoy them.



Red dots 1 and 2. And thanks to RoCo for documenting them better than I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment