July 30, 2013

7 x 7

About two years ago, I had a painting of mine published in Ruminate, a literary magazine. Several weeks ago, I was contacted by them asking if I would be willing to contribute my art skillz to a 7" x 7" composition for their upcoming fundraiser. I had so much fun doing RoCo's 6x6 fundraiser, so I said yes.  Here is my composition for Ruminate, it is a packing tape image transfer collage. There are some tutorials for the technique here and here. I always like finding a new technique to play with.






My work in Ruminate. I made this painting when I lived in Pennsylvania, and it was too big to take with me when I moved. I took a few good images of it, and left it in my studio. The image was inspired by the side of interstate 40 near the Dandridge exit when traveling west. I upped the ominous factor, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment