May 30, 2014

SHE'S MAKING PIGS AGAIN

 Recently, I made a sign for a farmer friend. His girlfriend thought his tent at the Farmer's Market could use a little sprucing up, and that spruce was to be in the form of a pig-shaped chalkboard sign. Modeled after a friend's cutting board, this sign took no time to make.

 

In progress. Pigress?


In action.

The Market Square Farmers' Market is one of my favorite weekly activities. (Truth is, I miss it so much in the winter, the first Saturday of its return gets marked on my calendar well in advance.) I got to dog-watch, people-watch, food evangelize, listen to music, and chat with friends (all in addition to getting my greens!) If you're local, some of my favorite vendors are; Three Bears Coffee and Old City Java (hot coffee even in the dead of August) Rushy Springs Farms (for all the hot sauce you could ever want), Cruze Farm, Good Golly Tamale, and of course Crooked Road Farm. Jonathan raises greens, veggies, happy pigs, and gossipy hens in South Knoxville. Check out their pages and visit them in real life. Every Saturday from 9am - 2pm on Market Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment