December 14, 2013

URBAN TUMBLEWEEDS

I have these memories of seeing balls of cassette tape tape rolling around parking lots and on sidewalks.  Clearly these aren't recent memories, but they're something that I can't shake right now. I went to the thrift store a couple of weeks ago to buy some tapes to see what I could do with them. I've tried glueing the magnetic strip to some canvas. I'm not sure if I like that yet, but I did pull out a whole cassette's worth of tape and make my own tape ball. It's hanging on the wall right now. It's floppy and makes a nice rustling noise like a cheerleader pom pom. I drew it a few times this weekend and then layered the drawings in photo shop. Maybe nothing else will come of this, but it's just something I'm thinking about right now.



Layered.

No comments:

Post a Comment